Skip to main content

Aging Gracefully



Age is a touchy subject and most of us feel uncomfortable about it. I can completely relate to feeling like I haven't accomplished enough for my age. It is important to remind ourselves that there is nothing stopping us from still going after what we want and manifesting our dreams.

Here are some examples of people who accomplished great achievements later on in their lives:

Jk Rowland - 32 
Henry Ford - 45
Bethany Frankel - 35
Grandma Moses - 78 
Julia Child age - 50 
Jane Lynch - 40
Vera Wang - 40
Colonel Sanders - 60
Chris Gardner - 44
Susanne Boyle - 47
Martha Stewart - 40 

Growing older rewards us with the gifts of knowledge, growth, wisdom and a sense of maturity. We can sometimes take these gifts for granted. So if you're not where you want to be in life or you are starting to feel your age, try to remember that it gives you an advantage and if you choose to look at it that way, you can let go of what is holding you back.

There are so many individuals from all walks of life that have refused to let their age stop them. Ageing is a natural process and there is no point dwelling on the past or boxing yourself in because of it. Continue to go for things and pursue your dreams. Life is there to be lived, so give it your all. xxx 

Learn + Development + Grounding Yourself = Maturity 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pregnancy Loss

I would like to start off by saying that I am so sorry for anyone who has experienced a pregnancy loss. Pregnancy takes you on a journey through different stages month to month and even before seeing your baby, you start to sense and feel changes in your body as it works hard to nurture the babies development. The bond develops even more once you see the baby move and wiggle and this is why a pregnancy loss is such a unique grief. You are mourning a loss of a bond that is directly merged from within. I have experienced two losses and I understand how difficult it can all be. Here are some things that have helped me through my losses. Practice Affirmations -  This can be helpful because we all know words hold a lot of power. Speaking and thinking with kindness, can be a healing emotional tool when you are going through hard times. Connecting with nature -  Whether it is sitting with your indoor plants, spending time in your garden, visiting a park or venturing out for hikes, na...

EMPOWERING YOUR THOUGHTS

Waking up with a feeling of gratitude towards life is beneficial for our well being. We all have days where we wake up and struggle to find positivity. Reminding yourself of the good things in life will help encourage healthier thoughts to spread throughout your day. Empowering Ourselves The phrase "What you think, you become" holds a lot of truth.  We have to be kinder to ourselves to transform and maintain productive thoughts that serve to empower us. We also need to acknowledge doubtful and depressing thoughts often stem from other peoples actions or words. When I acknowledged this myself, I knew I had to work on my thoughts to rebuild my inner peace. To affirm positive thoughts, I do these following things: ·    Meditation is continuing to teach me how to calm my thoughts and bring my attention to the present moment. ·    Singing positive songs can be motivating and has a positive influence on my thoughts and mood. ·    List...

Breaking Boundaries

There is so much to life, yet we tend to forget just how extraordinary the world is. According to my research, there are 195 countries in the world, approximately 8.7 million species of animal and a plethora of other interesting things that are out there. And I mention this because most of us are guilty of boxing ourselves in, out of fear, belief systems and social pressures. But the reality is there is nothing stopping you from stepping outside of the invisible parameters that you live in. I used to find myself feeling stuck because I was living in a little bubble forgetting that there is an unlimited amount of different routes, directions and choices for me to try out. Here are some tips that have helped me: Routines are important as you can cultivate and master things from a good routine. look at your daily patterns and ask yourself how could you change things to better improve your lifestyle.  Mindset; Take time to listen to yourself and look at, how you could ...